I woke up it is Luke’s Berth Day. Boby is coming over.
We dug ptatos
IT was yer HOtT
I wrote that about 12 years ago, today. My younger brother Luke was turning 5 or 6.
Today he turned 17,
And we dug potatoes again. This time, instead of our friend Bobby, our cousin Adam was here, and he helped us. It was still very hot.
And tonight, I’m feeling very thankful for many things. Here are just a few:
- Better Spelling
- Alarm Clocks
- The benefits of rising early (ex. getting lunch cooked before 8 AM)
- A beautiful creek only a few miles from home
- Perfect swimming weather
- Rocks and pebbles and boys who like to skip them
- Delicious Picnic Sandwiches and Triple Chocolate Cheesecake, lemonade, and fresh corn
- Hard work and sweat and dirt
- Buckets of new potatoes
- Bows and Arrows
- Leftovers and Ice Cream with chocolate syrup and cookies
- Playing Piano
- Hot Showers
- My smart, savvy, strong, hardworking, talented, tall, scruffy, sweet, shy, hilarious, 17-year-old little brother.